To be perfectly honest, I feel that laundry is the bane of my existence...I dread doing laundry. I don't mind putting the clothes in the washing machine or dryer, but I detest folding everything and putting it away. Procrastination tends to be the name of my laundry game!
That being said...here are my "tricks"
- If your husband has a really dirty job and has the option of uniforms...just pay them to wash his clothes. My husband works on semi trailers and comes home covered in fifth wheel grease and animal feces of all kinds...I don't want that in my washer. If you miss some grease, it is pretty much guaranteed to ruin something you really love the next time you wash.
- I save a DVD I really want to watch until I am doing the folding of the laundry...my incentive for folding everything.
- Every six months I turn all of the clothes hangers the wrong way on the closet rod. If the item is still "backwards" when I turn everything around again, then I know I haven't worn it in six months. It's a good time to make a decision as to whether it is really worth keeping or if it is time for the donation sack.
- I have a magic marker by where I fold laundry. If I find a sock that is holey, I put an 'X' on it so I know it has become a rag.
- We try to purchase the same kind of socks every time so that if one sock has a hole I just have to wait until another one is holey and I have a "new" pair. I'm pretty easy on socks, but my husband wears steel toe boots and walks A LOT as part of his job, so there are usually holey socks with each load.
- I run one load each week with some baking soda and white vinegar to help clean the machine and keep it from smelling musty.
- Once a month I wash my shower curtain with two towels, 1 cup of white vinegar, and 1 Tbsp of liquid detergent. It comes out like new!
|Booger says "Thank Goodness for air conditioning!"|