Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Word Love

I've been *slowly* redoing the strange room on the side of our house.  I call it the landing...it is a "room" that was added onto the side of the house to allow access to the basement without going outside..four stairs down, landing and door to the outside, and 6 stairs going back the other way to get to the basement.  There's a homemade shelf and cabinet.  When you have an 864 square foot house, storage is at a premium...I'm sure that's why there's a shelf and cabinet out there.

Anyway...I love all of the "word" art going around.  I knew my hubby wouldn't appreciate anything too gushy/mushy...a definite "NO" to "You Are My Sunshine."  I thought and thought and I decided on the first few lines of "All Together Now" by the Beatles.  I thought that wasn't too gushy.  However, when I showed Trevor, he wasn't too impressed because it said "I love you" twice.  Oh, well.

It didn't turn out as cute as I had envisioned.  I had originally thought I would cut out all of the letters from computer printouts and Modge Podge it.  After cutting out one word, I decided that was for the birds!  So I waited for scrapbooking letters to go on sale at Hobby Lobby. 

After I painted the cabinet door in the new colors, I removed the door from the cabinet and applied the letters.  I don't think it is an epic fail...but it is just "Ehhh...okay..."  Just like life, not all projects turn out golden; and that is okay.

Hope you are having a great day, and remember to take care of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment