Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Monday Makeover...PAINT!

My husband is a little concerned at my sudden uber-interest in paint!  A little paint can make just about anything look new, or at least, better.  I've been working on painting the shelving in our mudroom and I told Trev I planned to paint pretty much every room in our house this year.  He just grunted disbelievingly and lifted one eyebrow as if to say, "Yeah, right..."

I did paint that cute pair of end tables I picked up for $8.  Trev wanted the tables to be black because of the quilt and quilt runners we have in our bedroom.  I used Clark + Kensington Flat Enamel paint in the color Cannonball.  This is a paint and primer in one.  It still took two coats and a touch up coat.  To finish, I used a Krylon paint pen in silver to put a few dots and squiggly lines for character...plain black was just too boring.

Obviously, one thing I need to work on improving is my picture taking.  I'll work on it...you'll just have to believe me that they look really good and fit in our very limited space in the bedroom.
I'm working on all kinds of projects.  I'm working on Valentine's Day presents for my honey, a t-shirt quilt that I really must get finished up, and some projects using potato chip bags...lots of fun stuff!  I hope you all have a wonderful week!


Booger and Lola...just lounging around...


No comments:

Post a Comment