Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Spring!!!

It has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL in Nebraska this week!  Yesterday I was finally able to ride my bike even though it was windy.  Today is supposed to have very low wind, so Booger and I are going for a ride this afternoon.  YAY!

I've been contemplating my blog, and I have decided that I will only be putting out one or two projects each month.  I want the projects to be well developed.  When I try to do a project every week, sometimes I feel like I'm just throwing something out there without very good directions / pictures / thoughts.  I hope you will all understand.  Plus...I still have to do things like laundry, exercise, laundry, etc.

With that said, I've been looking a book called HANDPRINTING FROM NATURE by Laura Bethmann.


I love the prints and projects in this book; they are beautiful!  She uses fruit, vegetables, starfish, leaves, and other items from nature to print on clothing, furniture, walls, curtains, and other items for the home.  I don't have all of the materials listed in this book, but I may have to see what the investment would be since I really like the projects.  One of my favorite projects was a pillow made from an old men's button-up shirt.  She cut a head of cabbage in half and printed the flat side of the cabbage in a pattern...the cabbage print looks like big flowers.
 
Check it out at your local library!  Have a wonderful week, and take care of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment