Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Craftcycle

I really need to just buy the book CRAFTCYCLE by Heidi Boyd. 




I've checked it out from our local library 5 or 6 times.  The book is divided into seasons--so there are projects using recycled materials that are appropriate for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.  This book has a wonderful pattern for a potting bench;  I have asked Trev to build one for me.  If he won't build it this spring, I may have to dig in and try building it myself.  Trevor usually doesn't want me to do anything that involves 'saws' (or any other sharp object) because I have a tendency to hurt myself.  I am a classic KLUTZ!

Anyway...some of my other favorite projects in the book are:
*  Record Bowl -- how to make a bowl from an old record
*  Fused plastic tote bag -- iron plastic bags together to make a sturdy, reusable shopping bag
*  Colored Pencil Watch -- use old colored pencils put together to make a watch band
*  Window Sash Cold Frame -- a miniature greenhouse for seedlings

In addition to the 100+ projects shown, she also includes tips for living green in each season and recipes for each season.  The book is currently less than $10 on amazon.com (which is cheaper than the Kindle version...go figure!)

Have a great day, and take care of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment