Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Valentine's Day

I don't know how you feel about Valentine's Day, but I think it is a great time to think about all the real reasons you love those people around you...whether it is your significant other, your family, your friends, your neighbors...all those people that bring happiness into your life every day.

With that in mind, I usually try to think of things that Trevor has asked me to do that I have been procrastinating about doing or maybe have even forgotten that he wanted me to do for him.  When I asked him what he wanted me to do for him for Valentine's Day, he reminded me that I had never made him his own pillowcases;  I made around 40 pairs of pillowcases for gifts a few years ago, so I can see how he'd feel left out not receiving his own 'special' pair.  He also wanted some bags to take with him to the range to hold spent brass so he could bring it home to reload--easy enough.

Trev is enamored with anything WWII Militaria--so I bought 'vintage military pin-up' material a few years ago.  I made my nephew a set of pillowcases out of this material, but I had enough for another set specifically for Trevor.  I'm glad he reminded me...that's some material gone from my stash!  : )
I got this material--fake leather--at Goodwill for $0.35.  It made three brass bags that are basically over sized sandwich bags.  I think they look pretty darn spiffy!
I wanted to do the "52 Reasons I Love You" thing I've seen all over Pinterest; if you haven't seen it, the premise is that you right a specific reason you love your Honey on each card in a deck of cards and make into a book with ribbon or rings.  I guess you could even just leave them loose in the card box if you wanted to.  Anyway...I found an over sized deck of cards at Salvation Army a while ago for $0.49.  They are working GREAT for this project.  The cards are 5" x 7", so there is plenty of room to expound on the different reasons.  I'm having fun doing this project, and I suggest it to anyone out there with a Honey.  It's an exercise that really challenges you to think of all the wonderful things that first drew you to your Honey and the wonderful things that keep you with your Honey.

I'm also going to make him a sign for his reloading room that says "Trevor's Custom Ammo."  My Grandpa had taken down an old white picket fence on his property because it was rotten.  Grandpa was going to throw away all the wood.  I snatched a few pieces because they are cool.  So I'll make Trevor's sign on one of those pieces.

Last of all, I'll make him his favorite (extremely fattening) meal on Valentine's Day.  He always wants fried pork chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn.  I'll probably take lemon bars to his work that day as well...he can only eat one or two bars, and I do NOT need a pan of baked goods just sitting around the house all day!

So, what are you doing for the special people in your life this Valentine's Day?

Have a super day, and don't forget to take care of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment