Total Pageviews

Friday, February 10, 2012

Finally! Good Finds on a Friday!

I found some great stuff last week at our local thrift shops!  We were awaiting a big snow storm, and apparently that scared most of the shoppers off--I practically had the stores to myself.  That was awesome!

I bought some material--some felt that I used for this upcoming Monday's project and the fake leather that I used to make Trevor's brass bags for the range (see previous post.)  The coolest thing I found were some quilt blocks--I got them for $0.50 a piece.
Aren't they gorgeous?!?  They are 12 1/2" squares.  I haven't decided if I'm going to put them together in a quilt or make little toppers for coffee tables.  My friend, Jane, thought that they would be great candle rugs.  What do you all think?

I also found some more whimsy for my yard/garden.

I don't think I'm going to go to the thrift shops today.  I have quite a bit of stuff for my projects, and I really need to clean my house.  Between being sick and starting this blog, my poor abode has been a bit neglected.  Time to spruce up the old girl.

I hope you have a super day, and take care of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment