Total Pageviews

Friday, December 28, 2012

Peanut Butter Bon-Bons

 Like most people, I have favorite goodies that I look forward to eating each Christmas.  One of my top two favorites is my Great-aunt Ellen's Peanut Butter Bon-Bons...peanut buttery goodness that just melts in my mouth...YUM! 

These are really quite easy to make.  The "hardest" part is dipping the bon-bons which isn't hard at all!

Peanut Butter Bon-Bons
  • 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
  • 18 oz. jar of chunky peanut butter OR 16 oz. jar of creamy peanut butter
  • ½ cup butter (1 stick)
  •  
  • 3 ½ cups crispy rice cereal

Mix butter and peanut butter in a sauce pan over low heat.  Stir well.  Mix in powdered sugar.  The mixture will be thick.
Add in the crispy rice cereal.  I mix this with my hands…it’s the only way I can get mixed together really well.

Shape into balls; make them however big or small you would like.  I try to get them about the size of a large (shooter) marble.
Chill for 1 hour; then dip in almond bark and put on wax paper to set.  If you want to add sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, or cherry chips, make sure you add these before the almond bark sets.
I ended up with 100 bon-bons

While I make these for Christmas, you could make them for any special occasion...like New Year's Eve or Valentine's Day. 
I like to give these to friends or neighbors in a clean tin or pretty glass jar.  My neighbors tell me they look forward to these each year.

Have a wonderful weekend, and take care of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment