Total Pageviews

Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Finds...Obscene Vegetable?

Sorry for my lack of blogging lately...I just haven't been feeling like myself.  Have you ever had a few of those weeks when nothing feels right?  Between doggie health issues (Booger and Shiloh have been under the weather), having some credit information hacked, work stress, back pain, and a rare verbal tit-a-tat with Trevor, I just have been feeling blah to right-down poopy.  I definitely need to perk myself up!

Anyway, we have gotten 90% of our garden planted.  We usually wait until after May 15 due to "hard frost" concerns, but we haven't had a hard frost around here since the middle of March, so we just decided to go for it!  Our cold box plantings of lettuce, spinach, carrots, and radishes are doing wonderfully!  The radishes have actually all been picked, but everything else is still growing voraciously.  I'm sure we have more lettuce than our whole neighborhood can possibly eat...we've been taking it to each neighbor's house like people sometimes do with zucchini.  So far, only a few lock their doors and hide when they see us coming...

Here's a few radishes from our crop...YUMMY!

Here's the interesting (perhaps obscene) radish I pulled out of the garden...what do you think it looks like?
 Here's to a better week next week!  I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day.  Take care of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment